Making delicious guacamole from scratch is pretty simple. You smash a few ingredients together and voilá, right? Wrong. There’s definitely an art to making the best guacamole in the neighborhood. With fresh ingredients, proper spices, and the right amount of smashing, I’ve got you covered. There are a few additives that make a tremendous impact on your palate: garlic, cumin, and fresh cilantro. These three ingredients can make your guacamole go from an “eh” good recipe to a “wow” amazing recipe. With the help of Food Network’s Alton Brown, you’ll be known for the Greatest Guacamole Ever.
1 Lime, juiced
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Cumin
1/2 t Cayenne pepper
1 Garlic clove, minced
1/2 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
1/2 Red onion, of medium size and chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 T Fresh cilantro
1. Cut, core, and scoop avocados into large bowl.
2. Add lime juice.
3. Mash and mix together until chunky smooth.
4. Add salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Mix.
5. Combine jalapeño, red onion, and garlic.
6. Fold in tomatoes and fresh cilantro.
7. Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips or store in the fridge until ready.
– Chunky smooth is when the majority of the avocado is smashed up to form a smooth paste with small chunks of avocado pieces visible.
– Two large avocados or 3 medium avocados will combine perfectly with these measurements.