Homemade pancakes, made from scratch, with bacon and eggs is my favorite kind of breakfast. I am not a fan of the quick and easy boxed pancake mix at all. I can immediately tell when a restaurant serves boxed pancake mix. The pancake is usually stiff and flavorless. It tastes like a piece of bland dough that I hate wasting my caloric intake on. Yuck. Pancakes from scratch are so simple to make and taste a hundred times better than boxed mixes. The buttery, golden, cake of fluffiness is so irresistible and completes my favorite homemade sunday brunch.
You can add a variety of ingredients to a classic pancake recipe such as chocolate chips, nuts, and fruits. I love to add mashed bananas to my pancakes or even fresh blueberries. Today I decided to make banana pancakes for brunch, and topped it with fresh strawberries. Here is my very easy and tasty Banana Pancake recipe. If you aren’t a fan of bananas, simply omit the bananas from the recipe. I promise these pancakes are worth the extra 2 minutes of your time. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
1. 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3. 1 teaspoon salt
4. 1 tablespoon white sugar
5. 1 1/4 cups milk
6. 1 egg
7. 3 tablespoons butter, melted
8. 1 large ripe banana, sliced or mashed
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
4. Add sliced or mashed bananas to the batter and mix. Tip: Do not over mix if you want fluffy pancakes.
3. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium heat.
4. Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan.
5. Flip when you begin to see bubbles on top of the batter, approximately after 1-2 min. Brown the other side for approximately 1 min.
6. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!