Raspberries are the first things I notice in the produce section of grocery stores lately. Their vibrant red color and delicate, sweet flavor make them so irresistible. I purchased a pound of raspberries from Costco. They were delicious! In addition to their mouth-watering taste, they are an excellent source of vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants. They can easily be enjoyed alone, in a Morning Parfait, and as a muffin.
Raspberry and lemon complement each other well and are the perfect summer combination. I thought it would be appropriate to bake Raspberry Lemon Muffins to savor during the first week of summer. Enhance the citrus flavor by adding both lemon juice and lemon zest to the recipe.
1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 t Baking powder
1/4 t Salt
1 t Lemon zest
1 Cup Raspberries
1/2 Cup Plain yogurt
3 T Vegetable oil
1 T Lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Mix the yogurt, oil, egg, and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and slowly mix.
6. Gently fold in the raspberries.
7. Spoon batter into the muffin cups.
8. Sprinkle sugar on top of muffins for decoration.
9. Bake for about 17 minutes.
10. Set on cooling rack for 1 minute.
11. Take muffins out of tin and set on cooling rack.
12. Allow to cool until desired temperature.
– Avoid over mixing batter. Over mixing batter will cause muffins to be dry and thick.