American Blueberry Pudding
My sweet neighbor in Virginia Beach made this delicious dessert and I had to have the recipe. Of course, I replicated it and thought I’d share the amazing dessert with you. This American Blueberry Pudding is more like a right-side-up upside-down cake. It can be made with any berry of choice. Enjoy it with a side of vanilla ice cream, whip cream and/or a cup of coffee. Yum!
The cake is very easy to make. The preparation is quick and only requires one bowl to clean. It tastes as if it’s from a professional bakeshop, but not much professionalism is required to make this cake.
3 cups blueberries
1 cup brown sugar
6 T butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 t vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 t orange grind, grated
3/4 cup orange juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Simmer blueberries in brown sugar and 6 tablespoons butter.
3. Cream sugar, 2/3 cup butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add eggs and beat.
5. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixture.
6. Add orange rind and juice.
7. Place blueberry mixture in bottom of 3 quart baking dish.
8. Pour batter over berries.
9. Bake for 45 minutes.
10. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
11. Transfer to plate and serve.