Monday movement consists of all forms of exercise. From lifting weights, pounding the pavement, walking on a treadmill, to yoga. Whatever I feel my body needs, I do.
Last night I enjoyed a heavy meal; shortly thereafter, I was in bed asleep. I awoke knowing the first thing on my agenda: calorie zapping time.
Treadmill was my weapon of choice. Although the treadmill may not be at the top of my list, it’s hard to resist results like this:
Max the incline and increase the speed. The treadmill will help you burn calories, get your heart rate pumping, and tone!
My Monday Movement on a treadmill:
1. Warm up at a 3.5 pace, 5%-7% incline for 5 minutes.
2. Increase incline to 15% (max it out), pace set to 3.5. Burn for 15 minutes.
3. Decrease the incline to 5% and run at a 5.5-6 pace for 5 minutes.
4. Return to a 15% incline, 3.5 pace and walk. Your heart is pounding.
5. Repeat until you hit your target time.
Always set a goal. Goals should be flexible and challenging.
Today’s workout goal:
1. 45 minutes of cardio
2. Tone legs
I was approaching 3 miles at 45 minutes and decided to burn on. My goal shifted from 45 minutes to 3 miles. Never resist progression.
Have you worked out today? Please share your Monday Movement with me.